Data subjects wishing to exercise their rights face a variety of obstacles. Some derive from their own limited knowledge on applicable rules. Many, however, are due to data controllers’ problematic responses – or lack of response – to requests, which can leave even the most advanced and confident data subject in a state of perplexity, helplessness, or despair. This workshop will explore ways in which individuals can self-organise and help each other, or help others in their community, for the exercise of data protection rights. It is organised in connection with the Repair Cafés for Digital Rights – BXL initiative.
- Moderator: Joris van Hoboken, Associate Professor IViR / University of Amsterdam , LSTS/VUB
- Olivier Matter, European Data Protection Supervisor Office
- René Mahieu, Researcher LSTS/VUB
- Safa Ghnaim, Project Lead, Data Detox Kit at Tactical Tech
- Ana Pop Stefanija, Researcher working on AI Transparency at SMIT, VUB
Check out the full programme here.
Registrations are open until 24 January, 2021 here.