Every child is a potential extremist under school surveillance measures. Police are monitoring #FridaysForFuture climate protests. Kids’ data is massively being collected and used for profiling purposes. Climate activists are being put in preventive detention.
This panel will discuss examples from research, real life, court cases and regulation. We want to have a look at government surveillance measures impacting children and discuss their chilling effect on them. We want to find out how the defense of today’s child rights and freedoms is vital to our future fight against global mass surveillance.
- Kirsten Fiedler, Policy Advisor at the European Parliament
- Jen Persson, Director of DefendDigitalMe
- Gracie Bradley, Policy and Campaigns Manager at Liberty
- Daniel Carey, Solicitor and Partner at Deighton Pierce Glynn
- Gloria González Fuster, Research Professor at LSTS, Vrije Universiteit Brussel
Check out the full programme here.
Registrations are open until Friday 17 January, 2020 here.